This Policy also applies to any of our other websites that post this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to websites that post different statements.
The information collected by and through Kouo’s proprietary brain-computer interface that allows people to control software and devices using only their brain activity (collectively, our “Technology”) is discussed in more detail below in the Section entitled “The Kouo Technology”.
We may send you marketing emails, which you can unsubscribe from by clicking the link at the bottom of the email. All data is your own and we will never share it.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), job title and employer as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
- Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- to process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity.
- to provide and deliver products and services customers request; and
- to send you email updates and our newsletter.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymised data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES & CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
THE KOUO TECHNOLOGY
Our Technology can be used to collect, store and use biometric data, including EEG and heart rate etc, from individuals wearing or using headphone or AR/VR headsets or similar technology.